Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 12 - Christ walking this path with us

Is was a really amazing week. :) Unfortunately because of time I can only talk about two experiences, but it was awesome!!

We had a really incredible experience his week with one of our new investigators named M****. He was taught about 5 months ago by the sisters who were here before us. He seemed to be doing really well, but a week before his baptism he dropped the sisters and said that he didn't want to be baptized anymore. The sisters were of course totally bummed, but told him that if he ever needed anything to just call. So.
:) Last week we were going through our records and were seeing if there were any names that popped out at us, that we could try to contact again. M****  name jumped out at us so we sent him a text and just asked him how he was doing. He basically replied back and said that he was so happy we had texted him, he explained to us that he felt the previous missionaries were a little pushy and that he didn't feel ready to be baptized, but that he really wanted to read the Book of Mormon with us. The Book of Mormon is powerful and it is true so we were so stoked to start reading it with him. :) We asked Melissa if she would come to the lesson with us and she was way excited about it.

Just a few minutes before the lesson Melissa called us and said that she was going to be about 40 minutes late. We aren't allowed to be in a building with just one man so we were in a little bit of a bind. It has been raining pretty much nonstop all week, but luckily during the 40 minutes we were with M**** we were able to sit outside and the weather was beautiful. We weren't too cold and didn't get rained on, it was a miracle. We were able to have a really incredible lesson with M8888. We read the first two chapters of the Book of Mormon and he just loved it. :) The spirit was really strong as we talked about the scriptures and our favorite parts from the verses we were reading.

We spent a lot of time talking about 1st Nephi 1:20 "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith." It was amazing to get to talk about how much Heavenly Father loves each of us, and how often he takes the time to show us in little ways that he is aware of us. Since our lesson M**** has been texting us tender mercies that he sees in his life. It's amazing how often Heavenly Father does these little things to help us feel his love. When we open our eyes and try to see all that he is doing, we will recognize that his hand is always in our lives. :) M**** came to church yesterday all on his own without any reminder or prodding on our part. He stayed for all three hours and participated and loved it. :) It was so fun to have him there. The ward just loves him and were so happy to have him back. He is an incredible kid. We’re so happy to be working with him again. :)

There were definitely things this week that started out difficult and were even a little bit discouraging. We got dropped by an investigator who we thought was doing really well. We met with less active after less active who told us they "just didn't want it anymore" we had a really powerful lesson with one of them where I felt the spirit so strong, and I promised him profound and incredible blessings IF he would just commit to coming to church, and he said no. We were yelled at. And we had appointments that we were totally stoked for fall through. I found myself asking "why isn't this easier?" "Why don't these people understand?" and "Why don't they want this?" It was heartbreaking for me to watch people who were so close to the truth, so close to these amazing blessings, and so close to feeling so happy.

But they just turn it away. I know how happy the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes me and I so badly wanted these people who I love so much to feel it and love it too. I want so badly for these people to feel the joy and the happiness that is just waiting for them as soon as they embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. But they were choosing to throw it away, not to embrace it, and not to not live it. That night I knelt down by the couch and as I prayed I cried. I felt like Nephi when he says "I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night." As I prayed I felt an overwhelming comfort and assurance that I was not alone. That Christ was walking this path with us, working with us, loving these people with us, feeling the happiness and the heartbreak with us, and that he would not leave us alone. I found so much hope in that fact and that is what I have clung to this week. As I have watched others turn their heads to something so beautiful and amazing it has strengthened my desire and efforts to never go away to always stay dedicated and committed to my Savior. I will never leave him because he will never leave me. I'm excited to love and serve alongside my Savior. I love what I am doing, it is difficult at times but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. :) Thank you for everything. I love you all so much and I am deeply deeply grateful for your prayers, love and support. Stay faithful and LIVE the gospel.
I LOVE YOU. :)

-Sister Watts

Creepy people in some guys' yard

The Maglios Great Dane, he is HUGE and loves to cuddle with me

Me cleaning at Jens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment